Why Choose Our Network?
What sets Choice Education Network, Inc. apart from other homeschool groups and co-ops?
1. We are not a co-op or limited to just one interest group. We are a growing NETWORK of families and local organizations working together to support your UNIQUE homeschooling goals. We obtained nonprofit status in May of 2019 in hopes of finding sponsors, program hosts and grants for our programs and to make donations tax-deductible as a benefit to our sponsors.
2. Families are NOT required to pay annual memberships to participate. Clubs and classes have their own registration and class fees and discount structure for multi-student or multi-class enrollments. Semester/annual facilities and supply fee may apply.
3. We work within our communities to find existing support and programming to meet our needs. If existing programming is not available, affordable or easily accessible, then Choice Education Network, Inc will work to create classes or form new community connections to get our families the support they seek.
4. Our "partners in our community" offer specific services to homeschoolers. Families DO NOT need to be enrolled with Choice Education Network, Inc to benefit from these partner programs. Our goal is to help ALL homeschoolers find affordable, quality programs. Check out our partner companies here.
5. We do our best to utilize community centers, libraries, public access, churches, parks and other available spaces throughout our community to support our local organizations and their missions to serve the community. This also helps our families connect with businesses and learn more about what our communities have to offer outside of our homeschool support programs. Offering "pop up" workshops and classes are a wonderful way to connect and get to know our neighbors. If you are interested in becoming a listed "partner in our community," contact our director here.
6. Active participants in our network qualify to join the Advisory Committee if: 1. They have at least one student currently enrolled or are teaching a class OR 2. Their family has participated in more than two classes, clubs, events, workshops or community service projects within our network within the year. Objective and respectful feedback and suggestions are always welcome from all of our families and surveys are often available at the conclusion of each class, workshop or event.
Summer 2020: July - August Mini Sessions
Due to varying COVID safety regulations in Washington County Arkansas, Choice Education Network, Inc is still working to secure a meeting location. Please stand by as we work with our community to see what options might be available.
SMALL GROUPS are forming in host homes. Addresses will not be listed, only cities and will be given out to individuals interested in participating. Most classes will also include a virtual component to allow more participation with less contact.
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Starting January 13th! Meet at the Springdale Robotics Center for classes from Kindergarten to High School! Students divided into Grades K-2; Grades 3-6 and Teens: Tuition: FREE!
1:00 - 2:30 PM
Starting in FEBRUARY meet us at Fayetteville Public Access for FILM CLUB!1:00 will be a combined lesson in the classroom then dismissed to work on projects.
TEENS Film Club. Tuition: FREE!
**Please note that some class dates may meet "on location" for a film project. These locations will be announced in advance or may be orchestrated by our Teen Film Club outside of normal class times. **
Grades 3+ : Film Boot Camp and Intro to Speech. Tuition: FREE!
Morning Sessions TBA @ Elite Dance Studios
1:00 -2:00 PM: Legacy Concert Choir Rehearsal @ Elmdale Baptist Church
1:00 - 2:00 PM: Exploring Art (Grades 3+) @ Elmdale Baptist Church
1:00 - 2:00 PM: Music in Motion Grades Prek4-2nd
2:15 - 3:15 PM: Vivace Chours Rehearsal @ Elmdale Baptist Church
2:15 - 3:15 PM: Exploring Art (Prek4 - 2nd) @ Elmdale Baptist Church
2:15 - 3:15 PM: Music in Motion (Grades 3+) @ Elmdale Baptist Church
Fridays: Archery Club and Tournament Teams.
FIRST FRIDAY: Recreational Archery: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Exceptions: January 3, 2020 to be rescheduled to January 10th. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sign up for only the months you wish to participate. Bows, arrows, targets, range rentals and coaching fees included.
THIRD FRIDAY: Competitive Archery / Tournament Team: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Required to attend MONTHLY and encouraged to attend additional sessions in private or semi-private lessons (though not required). Choice Education will hold an internal competition each semester an work with Outdoor America to host invitational events. Our students will also qualify to participate in other school competitions for grades 4-12. Gear is provided, though competition students are encouraged to order a competition model bow of their own.